Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Kindle Report

Within two hours of lodging my complaint with Amazon, I got an email response.

Apology, blamed it on weather, will follow up with me ... and they were crediting me with a $6 "promotional certificate." Great! That means my first ebook purchases will be on Amazon.

But no. Read the fine print on this peace offering and it says it cannot be used for ebooks or other downloadable content.

Really? You're giving me a credit that I can't use for the thing I most want when I'm already really unhappy with you?

To add insult to injury, my Kindle is now in at a UPS facility in St. Louis. It arrived from Nashville yesterday morning. To me, this means it should be delivered tomorrow -- not "by end of day Tuesday."

I guess we'll find out tomorrow ...

No comments: