Saturday, October 26, 2013

Going Batty

It never fails that when I have a million things going, I manage to add one more.

In this case, it’s at least 50 more. We’re having a Halloween party at work this week and I’m on the committee. A colleague and I got together Friday and I shared some possible decorations I made using my Slice machine. She liked them but said: “Can you make bats?” Well, yes, I can. “Can you make them bigger?” Well, no.

So instead of being able to use my little die-cut machine, I instead found a template online and I’m cutting bats of various sizes out by hand. I’m a little over halfway to the goal. And then, of course, I have to cut out several sets of the Slice decorations (in the foreground) so they can put those on tables. At least I have the machine to do that!

Meanwhile, I’ve been a little more obsessed with bats of another kind: the ones the St. Louis Cardinals are swinging. Yes, I’m deep in the throes of the World Series. These guys are killin’ me with these tension-filled games! They just won a little while ago, 5-4, with a truly incredible ending.

I was supposed to go to a birthday party tonight (sorry, guys) but in addition to the mother being sick, I am wiped out. I was outside from 8:30 until almost 6. Yep. Another full day for Lawrence and I; he left around 4. By the time I got out of the shower and got something to eat, the game was starting. I got sucked in pretty fast and just couldn’t make myself get up. The day had officially taken its toll.

No comments: