Monday, February 14, 2011

Glorious!

On Saturday, it was 51 degrees. Yesterday it was 65.

After weeks of cold, filled with snow and ice, there is only one word to describe the weekend weather: glorious. I’m happy to say that I got to enjoy some of it, being out and about on Saturday and spending a few hours yesterday clearing some of the 2- to 4-inch thick ice from the driveway and deck.

Despite all the sun, which created a lot of melting, mega-slabs of ice still lined the drive. I was kind of shocked by just how thick some of it was, even after nearly two days of bright sun and 50+ temperatures. That said, it really has done a remarkable job of clearing this stuff much faster than I would have believed possible.

For the first time in weeks, Ladybird left the driveway. I drove her for a few blocks yesterday and this morning she delivered me to the bus station. YAY! She’s finally back on the road. I managed to confuse the bus driver who greeted me this morning with, “I looked for you at the stop but didn’t see you!”

It’s around 40 this morning and as I type this, I am watching a particularly pink and red sunrise blanket the sky. The gorgeous sunrise, the rising temperatures and a few greetings of “Happy Valentine’s” from random male commuters have all made me smile. (By the way, Happy Valentine’s to all you lovebirds out there! I’d not even thought about it before those greetings!)

Good thing I’m already smiling – This day is sure to result in heartburn. Lot’s going on (which is really good) but I’m not necessarily sure I’m up to the challenge.

Grabbing a cappuccino and puttin’ on my gameface …

1 comment:

Brian said...

Got to envy that! THe thawing here is troublesome.