Thursday, August 29, 2013

Success: Part 1

BOOYAH! I walked out of City Hall today with a building permit! And I didn't even have to get bailed out jail. For me, one of the biggest issues was having to draw up a "plan" to share with our Building and Zoning office in order to get said permit. Have I mentioned that I don't draw? Well, I don't. So my very primitive rendering was a source of concern to me. The guy at B&Z? He asked me a couple questions. He gave me a thumbs up when I said we planned to put the four corner posts 2 feet in. The inspector has to come before we can pour the concrete over them to check. That's about it. It almost sounds too simple ...

1 comment:

Jayne said...

Congratulations on the building permit! I hate drawing plans, too. Mine always look like a 6-year-old drew them. lol Can't wait to see what you're building!