Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Day Late

Well, technically, I’m not a day late … yet.

But, I will be. At least for ToolTalk Tuesday I will ...

I have pictures taken and most of the information that I need to do two, count ‘em, TWO product reviews! But neither is ready to go. Yet.

Not wanting to lose momentum with the blog though I am still planning to get one posted this week – and to be ready for next week … on time.

I’ve been just a little on the distracted side lately. (Can’t imagine why. Can you?) And getting sick last week didn’t help.

I had hoped that I might sneak a day or two of vacation in around Independence Day next week but that’s looking like less and less of a viable thing. (The good news is that I am busy enough at the day job that this is the case.)

I’d really like to get things rolling with the house again. I’m afraid the mother and I might kill each other soon if I don’t. (As I said in another recent post, sometimes living in a work in progress can really take its toll. Believe me when I say we’re there.) And while there are certainly things that need doing – and that I can do without spending any or at least very little money – the timing to take on some other projects is nigh. But I’m a little wary about writing some of the checks that I know it will take to do them.

The flip side of that though is that I potentially have the opportunity to get some help – at a greatly reduced rate – thanks to skilled family members, so … it seems like a very worthwhile investment.

I’m kind of at the point where I’m so overwhelmed, I don’t know what to do! And lately, once I DO decide on an activity: a) something big happens that throws me off course, b) I start, only to realize that key components for the job are missing, c) I want to start but am so tired by the time I get to it that I don’t, d) the mother springs an alternate activity on me or e) some combination of all of the above.

Until I can get my head screwed on straight again and my legs solid beneath me, I guess there’s always Powerball …

No comments: