Friday, December 31, 2010

Looking Forward ... and Back

This wasn't quite the year I thought it would be. I had hoped to get a lot more done on the house.

The reality is that not a lot got finished at all. It wasn't for lack of trying. There was a lot of activity, just not that much in the accomplishment column. But, as the mother and I so often like to say to one another, "It's gettin' there."

It's been a year filled with learning after I switched departments at work early in
Q2. It's been both gratifying and frustrating on that front.

And 2010 has been a funky year for health. The mother, Ozzie, even me ... we've all had multiple doctor visits this year. (Including a trip to the ER for me after crackin' my head open.)

But it's been a good year just the same. It's been filled with fun, friends and a bit of frivolity that we haven't always been able to enjoy. For that, I am exceedingly grateful.

So, my wish for 2011 is much like it was for 2010: A better year. Whatever levels that may need improvement, I plan to work on. And for the areas I can't control, I'll appeal for a bit of divine intervention.

While it doesn't sound like a lot to ask for, I know that it is. Even so, I'm going to ask for it and work toward it.

As we bring 2010 to a close, I wish for all of you that the year ahead holds much peace, joy and happiness -- in whatever forms it may take for you. I know that this has been a tough year for a lot of you, for a lot of different reasons. And, as I wish for me, I wish for you a better 2011.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

May all your wishes come true! My wish for you is for more than just a "better" year. I wish you, the Mother, and your babies a WONDERFUL new year! May 2011 be the year when you see your projects completed one by one.

karen said...

Happy New Year to you too. Did you get some bad weather today? I think our bad weather headed your way. Be safe and You have done so much this past yr. Rest a bit before you start the new.

Anonymous said...

A "Better" Year indeed!

Kate R said...

Happy New Year!

Also wanted to say THANK YOU again for the CSN certificate. I finally used it last night. Yes, I know, nothing like waiting until the last minute. Their website was a bear to deal with yesterday so I couldn't help but wonder if there were a lot of other people like me trying to get in 1 last shopping binge.