Monday, May 2, 2011

Is It Wrong to Rejoice?

Five words on the bottom of the TV screen, which had been cut into a mosaic featuring a live broadcast on one side and stock footage on the other, immediately grabbed my attention: Osama bin Laden is dead.

What?! I read the line again and gasped. The mother had just caught up with me. It was a stunner to see after flipping to our local news after watching various History Channel shows during the evening.

I was equally stunned to see the revelry taking to the streets across the country. Mind you, I'm not condemning it. I just don't plan to go yell in the street or anything. No. My option is much more subtle.

The old comedienne Moms Mabley said it best: "They say you shouldn't say nothin' about the dead unless it's good. He's dead. Good."

Amen.

No comments: