Friday, June 3, 2011

More Fun with Bricks

Sometimes, I need to just shut the hell up.

I need to just not go there and not actually vocalize what may – or may not – be going on in my head. Fall completely silent. Say nothing. I know what happens when I don’t heed this warning. You’d think I would learn. But I don’t.

As a result, I’ve managed to sign myself on for a HUGE, MONUMENTAL, MAMMOTH landscaping project. It involves removing a ton of rocks, laying down miles of thick plastic, digging out several thousand cubic yards of dirt, putting in several hundred bricks as edging, replacing the originally removed rock and reinforcing it with a quarry’s worth more of rock.

See – I told you it was HUGE!

And I still have a brick project already on the books, not to mention a kitchen and bathroom to FINISH. But ... I think all the project work, once I actually get it on track and start making real headway, will be cathartic. It always manages to clear the mind, the body, the soul. I'd be a liar if I said that wasn't a welcome thought.

It’s going to be a long, hot summer.

No comments: