Monday, June 6, 2011

Record-setting Heat

Saturday was unbelievably hot. We supposedly broke a century-old record by reaching 98 degrees. I think it may even have been a little warmer on this side of the river.

Our thermometer in the carport had it at over 100 degrees in the shade. Even Pearl gauged it at 99 at one point. It was so hot that, short of doing some necessity running, I didn’t do much of anything. It was cooler on Sunday by about 10 degrees. Still pretty damned hot but I managed to get the mowing done and washed Ladybird. I also did a walk around to try and guess how many bricks I'm going to need. An initial guess is somewhere between 400 and 500. It will likely be more.

I didn’t make any progress on the bathroom. However, I’ve come to a decision.

With all of the various work that needs to get done, and with June looking more like July in terms of temps (three 96-degree days and a 99-degree day are forecast this week), if it isn’t too sizzling and not raining, I’ll work outside. If it’s too hot and/or raining, I’ll focus on the inside.

Make sense? It does to me so that’s my plan.

1 comment:

karen said...

Good plan. Stay cool.