As it turned out, it’s probably a good thing that I got to rest on Saturday.
I went non-stop Sunday and Monday at the restaurant and followed that up yesterday with a marathon session at home trying to get caught up on the basics. Here’s a summary of the last three days:
• While we did not get the bathrooms finished, we painted one, stripped wallpaper off the walls of the other and rewallpapered both. It’s important to note that we didn’t get to work on Saturday (as had originally been planned) and on Sunday, most of the crew (cousins and spouses), except the mother and I, were working outside to paint the porch and fence.
• All of the chair rail and baseboard that’s going up got painted and it would have gotten cut except it kept pouring down rain every time anyone would try on Monday.
• And, I’ll apologize now for the lack of photographic evidence. I didn’t take a single photo over the weekend. I know, I know. But … it isn’t finished yet. No set date yet for the weekend we’ll next tackle it. Soon though. Soon.
• Instead of being able to sleep in, I was rudely awakened right at 8 yesterday by construction equipment that shook the entire house. (From the road repair out front that seems to never make any progress.) This went on all morning during which I gave up and did some things for work and got ready for my doctor’s appointment.
• The staples are out. And, I barely knew it was happening! (I was so terrified that taking them out was going to be like putting them in.) The head wound was deemed officially closed and healing up nicely. Hair is busily growing back around it and I FINALLY got to scrub my entire scalp last night instead of dodging the stapled area. Ahhhhhh.
• I needed the scrubbing after mowing a few weeks’ worth of lawn growth yesterday and washing a car.
The better news is that after pushing myself for days like that -- after being out of the project loop for so long -- I am rarin' to go again. I really want to get into things at home. Here's hoping we can get a set time to wrap things up with the family (and stick to it) so I can once again focus on This D*mn House.
Now that it's light well into the evening again (LOVE IT!), I need to start planning to tackle little jobs or parts of job so that I don't completely lose momentum again.
Baby steps, baby steps, baby steps ...