Monday, April 28, 2008

The Best Check Ever Written

As a general rule, I hate writing checks. Not that I write that many. Primarily, what I do write are for bills which might explain why I hate writing them. But a few hours ago, I took particular pleasure in writing one. This check was a true rarity and more than 20 years in coming. It represents something that I may never experience again.

This check is the final payment on This D*mn House!

It doesn't even represent one-fourth of what a full payment would be (not including escrow) making it all the sweeter. The thought of no longer having a mortgage payment seems completely surreal.

And so, it's official. I OWN THE MONEY PIT! Or, I soon will. Now, I just have to drop this in the mailbox.

I may skip all the way there ...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, congratulations! That's gotta be an unbelievable feeling. I was going to disagree with your headline, because I thought I had RECEIVED the best check ever written, but you win. (Eel was half-asleep and signed in the "For" line on the left - then wrote OOPS and signed again on the signature line.) ~KayO

NV said...

Thanks, KayO!

Eel wins the "Best Check Ever Received" category hands down.

Right now, it's still surreal. Check back with me next month when that mortgage payment isn't waiting to be made ...

Ann said...

HOLY CRAP, congratulations! NO Damn House payment??!! How cool is that? What a feeling...