Saturday, April 12, 2008

Where's George?

Congratulations NK

Your 2003A Five dollar bill with serial number FC379---98A has just been re-entered into Where's George


That's an email that greeted me when I logged on tonight. I found out that that bill, which I last saw on Leap Day, turned up in Fayetteville, Ark.

I know where all my money goes -- it goes into This D*mn House, or at least most of it does. But where does your money really go? Have you ever wondered where your bills go after leaving your hands?

That's what Where's George? is all about. The site helps people track their money as it moves around the world. The site's been on the Web since 1998, when it was created by Hank Eskin, a computer consultant in Brookline, Mass. I only discovered it at the end of last year.

It's kind of fun. So if you get a marked bill, definitely enter it. OR, just grab whatever's in your wallet now and get entering! It can be a good geography lesson for your kids and it's just plain fun. And it's free!

No comments: