Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Yes, We Have Quantity

We made a trek to The Home Depot tonight in the interest of buying some bricks that were on sale. Said bricks are the future walkway and porch surface for This D*mn House.

When Mom called this afternoon, they said, and I quote, that they "had quantity." Their quantity about four hours after that call: exactly EIGHT. Eight bricks. I can't even make a sufficient row with that. Luckily, that's not a project that's on the front burner. I was just hoping to get at least half of what I will ultimately need and save a few bucks in the process. So much for that plan.

On a happier note, the car is back on the road and driving better than almost any other time I can remember. So far, it's worth every penny.

Except for the gusting wind, which was battering the poor car pretty consistently, it was a very pleasant drive. No horrible noises or annoying shudder.

Score one for the good guys.

No comments: