Monday, April 5, 2010

Just for Me

I’m up early again. Not as early as Friday, but not that far off either.

The storms that were blowing through when I went to bed are long gone, thank God. The air is thick. And hot. It’s already a temperature that would represent something near the normal high for this time of year. The birds are chirping and shrieking and flapping to life, in spite of the fact that it’s still completely dark, no hint of light yet in the morning sky.

It’s 5:45 a.m. Ladybird is the third car on the bus station lot. There is only one other person on this bus.

My early-riser status is due in large part to the fact that, in spite of Lawnmower Man’s rude awakening, I got the sleep I was after. (I slept from before 1:30 until nearly 4 when I was awakened by the shrill whine of a string-trimmer.) It was OK. I needed to be up anyway or else I might not have gotten the 4.5 hours of sleep that I did last night.

I’m proud of myself for remembering two things I bought for myself over the weekend: a nice new watch, similar to one I bought during my first trip to New York in 2005 (one which has since broken, its main control shot) and a really cool photo display piece that I think visitors to my office will – OK, and me, too – will enjoy playing with. Both were on sale and one had a coupon to take even more $$$ off. SCORE!


Isn’t it fun?! Can’t wait to fill it up.

2 comments:

Seo Jong Do said...

hi! i'm seo from korea

i want you be my follwer

http://seojongdo.blogspot.com

thank you!

Vicki said...

Have fun dusting it too. Haha! It looks neat. What pictures are you going to put in it?