Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Cardmaker

I only worked (at my day job) two days last week. But they were long, eventful and jam-packed days with even more activity on the horizon for the week ahead.

So, after pushing for a few days here and for a few days at work, by Friday night, I was exhausted. I was in bed early and up early (for a Saturday) yesterday. I went on my own shopping adventure and the mother felt well enough later to request one of her own. So, it was run, run, run all day.

Last night though, I got to play with my Slice and try my hand at homemade cards. I've done this before on the printer, but never with the pain-staking piece by piece effort that goes into handmade. I think they turned out pretty good.


I was able to take advantage of my vast collection of scrapbooking flourishes on a few of them, but these were largely made using my growing collection of Slice design cards. I even got to incorporate my photography. (My full moon shot from a few weeks ago is featured on the Halloween card.)

I'm sure this is the first of many such adventures because it's so much FUN! It should bring some welcome distraction to everything that needs to be done around This D*mn House though I'm continuing to make slow progress there, too.

2 comments:

Why S? said...

Will this be a side business for you? Could be.

NV said...

Why -- Awww, thanks! I don't know that they're that good but I really was pleasantly surprised.