Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sunny Side Up

If I had mowed the yard Sunday as I had planned to (before Mother Nature threw her little temper tantrum), the house would be lookin’ pretty good.

The mother has activated her perpetual paint brush and was out ‘til dusk touching up and repainting trim. I held the ladder for her and helped her reach one of the shutters. (I offered to do it but she shooed me away) I don’t know when she’ll get to the foundation. I think it’s supposed to be dry through tomorrow but around here, as Saturday night was a good reminder, you just never know.

It’s sticky this morning (humid and 74) so our summer weather continues. I’ll take it for as long as it wants to stay. It’s dark now when I leave and the sun is setting within an hour of when I get home. Summer is rapidly leaving the scene and I hate it.

I need to look and see when next month we go back to regular time. I really hate that as it will get me both leaving and coming home in the dark. Sigh.

On a positive note, the sky has a pink band running through it as the sun finishes putting on its face before emerging for the day. Maybe there will be a pretty sunrise ….

Yeah. That’s what I was lookin’ for!

1 comment:

MonkeyGirl said...

I know what you mean about the sunsetting early - I am constantly thinking it is much later than it really is! I wish I could see the sunrise from my office window!