Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Gray Day

The air is thick and ultra-heavy this morning. It’s cloudy and gray.

It rained a bit overnight and we’re in for more showers later this morning. I’m just hoping they’ll hold off until I get into the office. You know you’re in trouble when it’s 77 degrees at 6 a.m. Unfortunately, the rain isn’t going to do much to change that. It’s only going to be marginally “cooler” and by cooler, I mean by about 2 degrees. Maybe.

We’re at a point where we could use the rain but it would be nice if it would bring a little bit of relief with it.

I know I shouldn’t complain. We’ve been in the mid-90s while the northeast has been above 100 degrees the past few days. Now that’s hot. I feel for ya.

At least the bus is cool. It’s like a refrigerator car, in spite of the fact that it’s quite full. I’m grateful because there are few kinds of commutes that are worse than a full, unair-conditioned bus. In July. In the Midwest.

2 comments:

kaypasa2001 said...

I walked out this morning and thought, AHHHHH, this is the kind of morning on which you suck in a big breath of steamy air and say,

YUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKK!!!!!

I got caught in a rain shower while riding my bike, about 25 minutes from my car. It was very refreshing. And I don't have to water the flowers tonight!

NV said...

KayO -- Yeah, definitely no watering required! And, at least for a day, the rain has quelled some of the heat. We'll see how long that lasts.