Monday, July 26, 2010

Temperature Is Relative

I don't know how weathermen define "cooler" but I can tell you that while the numbers may have been less yesterday where the temperature was concerned (compared to Thursday and Friday), it most assuredly was NOT cooler.

The alleged cold front was due to a series of storms that ripped through the area shortly after sunset Saturday. (We lost power twice in under a minute but it quickly righted itself. Thank God!) Our street flooded, like normal, but no other ill effects. Lots of places in the metro weren't as lucky.

I worked outside most of the day yesterday, mowing, trimming and weeding. The sun was relentless during most of this time, only occasionally ducking behind a cloud. As a result, I'm sporting quite the sunburn today. (I must say I did a masterful job this morning of concealing the degree to which my nose now outshines Rudolph's.)

Spending all day outside only painfully reminded me of how much stuff is waiting to be done out there. But wait it must. Part of the reason I was so dedicated to yardwork yesterday (after skipping last weekend due to excessive heat) is that I plan to skip AGAIN this weekend. That's because I am going to get back on the bathroom reno.

Something has to get done soon or I'm going to lose my mind. It's as simple as that. The bathroom that I was going to have completed 11 months ago is going to get done this weekend. There. I said it.

Now I just have to do it.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

I am rejoicing because it's been "cooler" here the last two days...in the 80s! And there really is a noticeable difference to me.

NV said...

V -- Yeah, cooler all depends on your internal thermometer and the region you're in!