Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sizzlin' Summer Birthday WINNER!

The mother will tell you that it's not really my birthday ... yet. That's why I know a call from her is forthcoming. (I get one every year, shortly after lunchtime central, assuming I'm not traveling or in a meeting which has happened a few times.)

Thanks to all of you though for letting me have the whole day, actually most of the whole past week, and for all of your birthday wishes! Today really did get off to a good start and only seems to be gaining momentum. Hopefully, that's its charted course.

And thank you to all those who participated in the Sizzlin' Summer Birthday Giveaway. I really appreciate your entry and your help in spreading the word about the contest.



OK. You've been patient long enough. The winning entry, courtesy of Randomizer.org, is: Kate R.! Kate has won an $80 gift card to CSNStores.com, meaning she has MORE THAN 200 STORES to choose her prize from.
Way to go, Kate!

Kate is a faithful follower and regular commenter here at This D*mn House AND, I'm happy to report, a newbie on Twitter. Because she retweeted my tweet about the contest and commented on the contest post she got a total of six entries. See, Kate, social media has its advantages! By her own admission, Kate said she was "being dragged into the 21st century kicking & screaming the whole way." (And you should thank your daughter, BTW, for dragging you along.) ;-)

Congratulations to Kate and thanks again, everyone, for helping me celebrate.

6 comments:

Kate R said...

OMG!! I can't believe it! I never win anything! Thank you so much Nicole! (Geez, do you think I'm using enough exclamation points?!?) I can't help it, I'm really excited!! I won something, I really won somethinG!!!

A HUGE Happy Birthday to you again! Thanks for sharing with me!

Ty'sMommy said...

Woo-hoo! Congrats, Kate! I do love a good giveaway.

Kate R said...

OH, oh, oh - also, thanks again for being my first follower on Twitter - couldn't have asked for a better one!

Anonymous said...

Nicole - This may be belated, but it is no less sincere - Happy Birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day and that the year ahead will be even better!

Sarah said...

Happy birthday, Nicole! And congrats to Kate, as well. Aren't Nicole's giveaways awesome?!

Vicki said...

Happy belated birthday! I LOVE the cake aflame :)