Saturday, May 31, 2008

Ridin' the Storm Out

OK - Can we be DONE with rain for a while? Just for a while? I know by July when my grass is burned up I'll be beggin' for rain, but right now, I'm sick of it. Sick to death of it. Don't care if I ever see it again.

Most excellent friend Chele was having a graduation party for stepson Cody (YAY Cody!)on a day "sporadic showers, no torrential downpours." Uh-huh.

It was sprinkling as I arrived. That shifted to a light rain and then ... winds that blew off tablecloths and nearly toppled the canopies they had set up. A strong, drenching rain. So much for no torrential downpours. It continued to rain on and off during the evening and I had quite the light show on my drive home. And the closer I got to the river, the more spectacular it became. Had I been in a position to get somewhere to take pictures, I'd have loved to try and capture shots of the lightning I was watching. It was amazing.

We really needed this rain -- NOT! The ground was already saturated earlier today, so I can just imagine how it will be tomorrow. I want to work on the shrubs but they are completely soaked. Thinking that it just isn't going to happen. Maybe I'll try to set some stuff up outside and do some painting instead. It's not supposed to rain tomorrow.

Uh-huh.

No comments: