Today, I plan to start demoing bathrooms at the restaurant. Ideally, closing one of them. (We'll have to see if that's a workable arrangement through tomorrow's business day.) I've had a running to-do list and to-pack/take list for weeks and I'm slowly ticking things down as we get closer to the start of the Marathon Memorial Day Makeover. That's what I'm calling it.
- Find wallpapering tools. Check.
- Find flooring installation kit. Check.
- Pack trash bags, drop cloths, disposable gloves. Check.
- Gather up paint supplies and hand tools. Check.
- Locate ultra-wicked scraper (that I used in our bathroom). Check.
- Put together in box: wallpaper paste, paint remover, wallpaper remover gel. Check.
- Fuel up Pearl (since gas is 23 cents a gallon cheaper over the river). Check.
- Make sure that we have other basics (straight edge, decent scissors or a cutter, pen for marking) etc. Check.
It's going to be a loooong weekend.