Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Ginormous Driveway

Maybe you thought I was exaggerating in my previous post. I've got a small house, so how could the driveway really be that big, right?

Well, see for yourself. Here it is in all its ginormous glory! See those saw horses waaaaay up there at the front, by the street? That's where the sucker ends. God help me. I knew there was a reason I was dreading this.


I managed to finish getting it patched and primed (covering over any oil spots or places where we've dropped cleaner or other gook recently) yesterday. Ace put some more asphalt filler on the shelves and I bought their last four cans!

I also opened a tub of sealer yesterday and painted the exposed edge of the driveway. (At the left edge of the carport.)

I'll be doing a review of this sealer. It's already won -- and then promptly lost -- a point. But first, I have to seal the beast.

I'll be getting out there very shortly to run the shopvac over it. I'll be doing this a section at a time before sealing since if I tried to just use a broom, I'd still be out there at Christmas. Especially considering that dirt and leaves continuously blow in. It's nuts.

Now that it's over 60 degrees, I'll be heading out soon to get started. Here's hoping I can finish this TODAY.

6 comments:

Ann said...

Nice job. THAT is a HUGE driveway. You should clearly drive a stretch limo. Or two.

Why S? said...

You could rent the space out to a valet parking service.

Anonymous said...

I really hope you are able to finish soon because they looks like miserable work! YIKES! Good luck...

MonkeyGirl said...

I hope you are done with the ginormous driveway because I couldn't stand it any longer and I washed my car today. I held out as long as I could so I didn't send in the rain gods!

NV said...

Ann -- Yes. especially for such a small house. Unreal!

Why -- GOOD IDEA! It really does hold about six or seven cars -- comfortably.

kspin -- Thanks. IT'S DONE. But that's another blog entry. :-)

MG -- Appreciate that. Had it rained today, I would have cried. A lot.

Vicki said...

Glad the rain held out for you. And hopefully not too many leaves blew across it as you were sealing!