Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Can I Have This Dance?

I love a lot of things and a lot of people. But when it comes to romantic love, I think it’s a four-letter word with good reason. Save it for the movies.

I’m sure I’m not alone.

But if there was ever something to give me pause on that count, it’s the Monkeygirls. The MonkeyGirl and I have been friends, well, since God was a boy. And the cutest part? Mr. Monkeygirl has been in love with her for even longer than that! Trust me. It's a long time.

For the past decade, these two have been the subject of some of my cutest, sweetest, and smoochiest photos. It just makes your teeth rot. (Code for “I love that!”) They’re just so d*mned cute together. See for yourself.

They always have been. They make me believe in spite of myself.

Even though they haven’t always been together. I like to think that they each had a “practice run” before getting it right. They give me hope.

They made it official three years ago today. I’m happy to say that I was privileged to be one of the witnesses and actually sign on the dotted line of their marriage license. They are my friends.

And I love them both. Happy anniversary to one of the best couples ever. May you always be as happy as you were then!

10 comments:

karen said...

I am like you . Love is a 4 letter word. But they make a great couple.Tell them congrats and they are lucky to have you as a friend.
http://alzheimersdad.blogspot.com/

plumbelieve said...

I remember that day well or should I say other people remember it for me. Either way, I wish them the best on this third anniversary.

From the devil with the blue dress on.

Kris said...

They are lucky to have you in their lives - what a sweet, sweet tribute you did for them. Love might be a 4 letter word - but when you are "in it" it's wonderful. Surprised I can remember - yes, it's been that long. lol

Glad you are feeling better!

sewwhat? said...

We all wish you a happy anniversary and may there be many, many more!
Love Mom

Jayne said...

Love is a four-letter word here, too, but couples like that make me believe. Happy anniversary, Mr. & Mrs. MonkeyGirl!

MonkeyGirl said...

Mr and Mrs Monkeygirl thank you all from the bottom of our hearts! I can't speak for Mr. M. but after the first try at love, I was a little jaded. Mr. M changed my mind about love and convinced me to try (and trust) again. Thank you so much for this wonderful tribute - you said it so much more eloquently than we could have!

Love ya!!

MonkeyGirl said...

PS - you own much more smoochy photos than that one!

cd said...

I can't believe it's only been three years! Seems like the two have been together forever.

Best wishes to both monkeys on this big day.

Anonymous said...

What a great tribute for your friends. It's obvious how much they mean to you and vice-versa. You're all a lucky bunch in my eyes.

NV said...

Karen -- Aw, thanks!

PB -- This made me laugh. Hard. Devil in the Blue Dress indeed. :-)

Kris -- Thanks. Definitely a two-way street. And yes. It can be wonderful when you are in it.

Jayne --Yep. Believe.

MG -- Glad to do it, MEF. Love ya both! And yes. I have infinitely smoochier photos. I just have always liked this one from the ones I got at the wedding reception.

cd -- I know!

Kspin -- Yes, I think we're very lucky indeed.