Monday, September 14, 2009

Headlines

If DIY is a bellwether for the economy, maybe things are slowly getting better. Or, at least that's Home Depot's story to The Wall Street Journal last week. It's nice to know that our little segment is putting some positive news out there!

****

Home improvement is tough enough without doing it to the wrong house. My friend KayO shared this little gem. I'm still laughing even though they do have my sympathies.

****

A throwback to our generation's growing up with The Flintstones? Maybe. Apparently, the look of natural stone is coming back in a huge way, courtesy of DIYers. But poor Fred would be out of a job because this stuff is MANUFACTURED! Wiiiiiillllmmma!

****
People ask me a lot why I don't mess with electricity. I guess because I do so many different jobs -- many which I know not what I do, I just jump in -- they assume that electricity would be that way for me, too. Not so! This story from across the pond illustrates why.

No comments: