Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Arrivals & Departures

Home Depot delivered the posts and fence shortly after 9 a.m. They did call first, but they told me at the store it would probably be closer to mid-day. Uh-huh.

I wasn't sure how they'd deliver it. The driver had a forklift on the back of the truck and brought it off the back and drove it through my driveway. So, I now have a pallet of vinyl fencing and post laying in the driveway. Until July 23. Ideally.

Rain came and left this morning. A few schizophrenic showers and then a brief downpour and then that's it until tonight and tomorrow. But hey, that's OK because I go back to work tomorrow.

My cousin didn't make it today to tear out the old fence, so I'm bettin' that it will be gone when I get home tomorrow. You're outta here!!! It's so wild to have this much stuff goin' on and actually getting done.

The crazy man made another appearance today, this time approaching the mother. He told her he would "be back to put up that fence" but "he had to go to court right now." She didn't know initially that it was him or God only knows. He gets a single warning if and when he returns. After that, he can tell it to the police.

I wonder if there's a surgery to have a maniac magnet removed because, clearly, I have one. And, at the rate that scrap metal is going for ...

No comments: