Thursday, July 10, 2008

Kudos to the Blog


OK, so this little blogger is gonna get a big head pretty soon. The blog's been racking up some honors and interest from all over the world. I've just been too busy to stop and pat it on the back! Not to mention to appropriately thank our kind bestowers.

About a week ago, Vicki at Not So SAHM awarded This D*mn House an Arte y Pico award. It requires a little bit of preparation and thought to accept. (Hence my delayed acceptance.)

First, you have to pick five blogs that you consider deserving of this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and contribution to the blogging community, no matter what language they appear in. Each award has to have the name of the author and a link to his/her blog. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that presented her/him with the award.

Both the award winner and recipients have to display a link to the “Arte y Pico” blog so everyone will know the origin of this award. And, you need to show these rules.

Then, this week, Liz at A Constructed Life sent an E! our way, citing this as an excellent blog. Part of earning an E is having to share 10 sites that you think deserve an E of their own.

And now, having 15 blogs total to honor, I need to get going before they've all already been honored, huh? Note please, this is not as easy as it sounds considering that I am now reading at least three times as many blogs as I'm honoring. I also figure that some of you have to be left off my list so that others have someone to honor! :-) And the only reason you don't see KayO on the list is because, well, I don't want her to get tangled up in rules and "supposed tos" though she's an honoree in my book anyway. So, without further ado, in no particular order, the Arte y Picos go to:

Ann at Velvet Lava -- Someday, we have got to hang out together. Ann has two Yorkies and a Web site dedicated to not only to-die-for desserts, but short trips into the obscure, topped with sometimes passionate rants of a woman in the Southwest. Brains, beauty, and a vocabulary. And the pictures … 'nuf said.
Elaine at Bless This DIY Mess -- The stories of haulin' stuff home, the Catholic school background, and the creative ways of approaching each project have put us into the same siztheren. (Like brethren but sistern sounded too much like a well.)
Jayne at Dainty Digs -- Dispatcher by day, DIYer by night … nope, that's backwards. Love watching Jayne's progress on uncovering -- literally -- the original beauty of her Midwest home.
Old Stone House -- Why would we neglect our northerly neighbors? The rules don’t say I can't go to Canada. And this is a trip I can make passport-free. (Thoroughly enjoy the stories and I secretly envy the blog design. Still crossing my fingers for a sale so you can move onto your next adventure.)
Ben at D.C. Rowhouse -- In short, Ben (who's a she BTW) just cracks me up. Triumphs and tragedy and now adorable Penny thrown in the mix. Any DIY blog that has an injury tally box at the bottom … need I say more?

Thank you again, Vicki and Liz! (More to come including the E awards. Stay tuned.)

9 comments:

Fratzels said...

Congratulations on your awards! From what I see they are well deserved. I'd be interested in chatting with you sometime to see if you'd like to do a guest blog post for me sometime? Stop by the site and let me know if you're interested.

Fratzels said...

I should have been more specific seeing my wife and I both use the profile. This is Todd from Home Construction Improvement.

Unknown said...

*belly laughing* Thanks for the bypass! Don't I still owe you something? I'll have to read the archives. CONGRATULATIONS on your recognition! Well done. I love your blog, BTW. ~ KayO Incognito

Jayne said...

I am truly honored that you thought of me. Gosh. Wow. I'm a little overwhelmed. Thanks!

elaine said...

WOW!!! You are too d*mn sweet. THANK YOU, my siztheren, and huge on your awards. All well deserved!

NV said...

My head is spinning, y'all, spinning! (I'm channeling Vicki's newly discovered drawl.) I got all these cool people readin' the blog, givin' props to the blog, and now an invite to do a guest post on a big blog(thanks, Todd). To borrow smilinjudy's (Time Thief) word: I'm blogular.

KayO, Jayne, Elaine -- You are all very welcome. You do such great work with your blogs that I can't stay away!

Ann said...

Aw, YOU!!!!!!!!! Thank you! And, congratulations to you as well - as your awards are so well deserved! How cool is that?

Michael said...

Thanks for the kind words - and the nomination! Likewise, congrats on your award(s). I love reading about your agony.

NV said...

DadA -- You're very welcome. I just call 'em like I see 'em. I wish I could say I was enjoying my agony so much. :-)