Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Bright, Sunny Day

There's a chance that the afternoon heat may touch off a thunderstorm. I'm hoping not. Otherwise, we may be in for some rain late tonight. And that's OK with me.

The threat for last night never materialized, so I don't have to work in a mudpit! I'm going out in a few minutes to flip back the plastic so the sun can start drying out any dampness. And then, it's onto the bricks. Again. Or more accurately, still.

At least when I looked out the window today I didn't wince at the height of the grass. I was literally wading through a light patch of weeds yesterday, but that was the one thing I did get done. If only the back was cut ...

I had to laugh last night. We were watching Father of the Bride II (seen it 1,000 times but there was nothing on cable) and towards the end, Steve Martin is outside the family homestead, crawling up his walkway: "I laid every brick in this walkway with my own two hands. I built that fence."

My mom topped it off. "They have a brick walkway. It's such a beautiful home. But they don't have a brick porch."

3 comments:

Jayne said...

True! And your brick porch looks awesome!!

Anonymous said...

It's funny how you tend to notice the things you're "passionate" about. I try to look for Polish pottery when watching shows/movies.

NV said...

Thanks, Jayne!

V -- That's exactly what I thought. It's like after you buy a car. you see THOUSANDS of them you never noticed before just like yours.