I was worried that the mother wouldn’t get past airport security. Surely she would violate some TSA regulation. But no. I should have been more concerned that she wouldn’t even get off the ground.
She is finally in the air after waiting all day. Her original flight was canceled and a second flight appears to be headed that way. A third flight, this time a non-stop, seems to have worked. So, they'll get a few hours of their lost day back by not having to change plans.
The scary part is that the flight was canceled due to mechanical problems. I had a very bad vibe early this morning and I got very concerned when, for the longest time, online updates didn’t have the plane taking off. Then it had a delay. The mother said at one point she even told her friends, “I don’t think we should get on this plane.” *thinking about the movie Final Destination and freaking mildly* Apparently, those were vibes and instincts not to be ignored!
I’ve talked to her a few times and she seems to be taking it in stride. Who are you and what have you done with the mother?! I think it must be the group dynamics. Let’s just say I’m glad it’s a trip with her friends and not with me.
In the meantime, there are two “maybes” on the kitten. We’ll see if either pan out. And, after saying that the kitchen cart wouldn’t ship until Sept. 1, I find out that it is now allegedly parked on my porch. I’d say I have a fun evening ahead of me with a 100+-pound package just waiting to greet me.
At some point, I need a nap. I’m exhausted. I only got maybe three hours or so of sleep last night. Ugh. Definitely have to charge up. Now that the mother appears to be off on her little adventure, I've got one of my own to embark on...