Saturday, June 21, 2008

Déjà vu All Over Again

For the second time in as many nights, we’re without power. I was sitting on the sofa catching up on blogs and suddenly, no lights … AGAIN.

It happened a few minutes earlier tonight. Almost 24 hours to the minute. Squirrel vs. transformer, my a##!

Something has to be causing this every night. Luckily, I hadn’t taken the batteries out and reboxed the lanterns or put away the flashlights and candleholders, so we have light.

The Ameren Web site tells me that I am one of 283 customers without power. They don’t know a cause but are expecting to restore service by 11:59 p.m.

I guess we’ll find out. Kind of odd to be posting this in real time. And in the dark!I have to shut down as my laptop battery doesn’t have much time left …

UPDATE: The power was out for 1:40 hours, about 10 minutes longer than yesterday. The cause, according to the Ameren Web site, wire damage. We're bracing ourselves for another outage tonight, around 9 p.m., that will lost 1:50.

No comments: