Thursday, June 5, 2008

Plans, Changing Plans, and Taxes

There's been a change of plans on the new vinyl fence. I guess it was fate that we had the meltdown with Lowe's previously. Carole now wants a standard six-foot dog-ear. It's on sale for less than half the price of the fence that we had originally talked about.

Works for me. Just as long as we get the vinyl. The wood fence is shot. I need to remember to grab a few before shots before I kick it down. So here's my list for the next few weeks:
  1. Replace water heater.
  2. Order fence.
  3. Complete brick-a-bracking. (Also known as brick-hoarding.)
  4. Get tools for sidewalk demolition.
  5. Tear down fence.
  6. Demolish sidewalk.
  7. Start bricking porch.

And that's just the beginning. I'll have to reassess in a few more weeks and update the list. Care to guess how I'll be spending my vacation? I'll probably take a day or two later this month and also tack a few days onto the Fourth of July.

Oh, and the tax bill came. More than a 10 percent jump from last year! Sheesh. So much for owning the house. I guess you never really do.

No comments: