Friday, June 20, 2008

Without A Voice

I woke up this morning with a splitting headache and a throat that felt like a roadgrader had taken a layer off of the inside. Mom hasn't been well lately and she had a bad night last night. That said, I didn't get a lot of sleep last night. So I stayed home. And as the day has worn on, I've slowly been losing my voice. Right now, it's little more than a gravelly whisper. Good thing the blog doesn't require audio.

I've been shoveling in pineapple sherbet since that's the only non-chocolate icecream we seem to have in the house. That has helped some. I'm hoping that after getting a little rest, I'll be ready to take on the many tasks that lie ahead like mowing the yard and getting back to my bricks.

It has been raining or threatening rain on and off all day. I'm hoping that the same will not hold true for tomorrow. The brickwork is slow, granted, but it does have that immediate gratification effect to it as you watch the old porch begin to disappear.

The Mississippi apparently crested today though they had said Sunday earlier in the week. Seven feet about flood stage. Not bad. Things should get better again soon. Feel bad for those in nearby Lincoln and St. Charles County though. They are experiencing Iowa-like flooding. Still sympathizing with those folks.

So here's hoping that I have a dry, productive day to work through and report on tomorrow!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Feel better soon! Drink lots of hot tea... it always helps me. Showers and baths help, too.

Anonymous said...

Yuk, a summer-time cold. Hope you feel better soon!

Ann said...

Aw, I hope you feel better. Weird, bc both hubby and me feel like we're coming down with something as of last night. It's a BLOG bug! WHO knew?

NV said...

Thanks, everyone. I still felt pretty crappy yesterday but tried to soldier on. Today, just like the big G. recommends, I rest.