Friday, June 19, 2009

The Lost Evening

I was only going to take a nap …except it didn’t work out that way.

The mother was burning up the phone lines with back-to-back-to-back calls, so it was clear she wouldn’t be wanting the bathroom soon so I jumped in the shower. I was in my jammies before 8:30. I thought I would crash until around 10. I’d wake up by then. I usually don’t sleep more than 90 minutes under those circumstances anyway.

The mother woke me up at nearly 11. I took my allergy pill and went back to bed. I guess I needed it because I don’t usually sleep like that. Of course, Ozzie woke me at 3. He acted like he didn’t want to come back in the bedroom, resting comfortably on the sofa instead, so I left him there. He woke me again at 4:30, frantically sniffing at the bedroom door.

I’m extra congested today because I had the fan blowing on me all night. It was that or be too warm. The house was extra warm from baking in the sun and near 100-degree heat all day, so the A/C wasn’t enough on its own.

And we’re in for more of the same today. You know it’s going to be like Hell itself when it’s already 80 degrees at 6:15 a.m. Maybe I slept through the latter part of June and woke up in July.

It sure feels that way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to sleep under a fan all the time. Now, I just can't stand the sneezing in the morning. Bad sinuses getting worse. Yuck!

Go buy a bag of ice and use it as a pillow . . .

NV said...

Cheek -- Good idea. 'Cept as hot as it's been lately, and going to be for the next week at least, I'd be wakin' up in a pool!