Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Rules


I haven't had a lot of time to read lately. I finally got a few chapters in to Stacy Horn's The Restless Sleep (and I'm really liking it) but that's the first pleasure reading I've done in a while.

There's another book that I have to get reacquainted with though -- and soon. The Rules of the Road. Seems my driver's license expires again next month and this time, I have to take a WRITTEN EXAM. For the first time since I was 18!
Since then, the only "test" I've had to take to renew my license has been the eye exam. (And each time, that gets a little harder. But seriously, who needs to be able to read 4-point type ON THE ROAD? Unless you're a Lilliputian, seeing a road sign using that small of type just is NOT likely.) That tiny type nearly tripped me up last time, but so far I've been able to avoid having a restriction for vision on my license.

I had forgotten about this until last night when the book came out of bag along with my computer. Yikes! And it's coming up fast, too. Suffice it to say that I'll be doing some cramming in the not too distant future.

I guess I should just be grateful that I don't have to take a road test.

No comments: