Monday, April 20, 2009

Green, Green Grass of Home

The vegetation is lush and green. It is thick, almost as thick as it is tall. It is everywhere. It has taken over.

It’s my lawn – and I’m horrified.

It’s almost as bad as one of those 1950s B-movies. I half expect to see yard, a row of dandelions in full bloom atop it, sitting in my livingroom, watching cable. It loves the garden segments.

Two days of non-stop rain –and the fact that I didn’t mow last week – are to blame. I’m thinking I may have to spend the next two evenings trying to undo it. And it’s not going to be easy. Especially since I still have that bitch of a lawnmower that doesn’t like even damp grass, so tomorrow may be too soon to even attempt it.

It’s times like these that a husband or a teenager would come in handy. They could be dispatched to deal with such things. Sigh.

On a more positive note, the mother seems better this morning. Here’s hoping it was a bug and it’s on its way out. Good riddance. I’m equally hoping that Lysol really does kill 98 percent of germs that cause viruses and that the remaining 2 percent didn’t find their way into my system. The last thing I want or need is to spend vacation – which starts Friday afternoon – in bed!

3 comments:

Mama Martha said...

Glad to hear the mother is doing better. We really missed you Sat at NSD. I'd be glad to loan you my hubby or teenager but I doubt they would work as hard as you do! Still, give us a call if you need help.

NV said...

MM -- Yeah, now she's having a setback. Ugh. I missed you guys, too! Love the offer but I think we're good.

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀