Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Washout

The good news: The mother seems to be a little better. AND, so is my toe. Not much, but a little better. I haven't been on it much, so that may be why.

The bad news: It's been raining all day. ALL DAY. There have been a few brief respites, but few. That means that the already too tall grass will look like the Amazon by the time the rain stops.

It's been a day of napping and making sure the mother has whatever she needs. Today, that included "real" food, something other than soup and jello, for the first time in about five days. I'm taking that as a good sign.

I managed to knock myself out last night and I slept almost straight through until about 10 a.m. After that, I did some running around in the rain. It's just crazy how much it has rained since last night.

Maybe the rain will help wash away all the bad stuff. It seems to be working.

No comments: