Saturday, February 28, 2009

Doing My Part

I just ran out and got a Sunday paper and some milk. It’s only now starting to flurry and it’s nearly 2 p.m. Fine by me. I don’t care if we don’t even get the dusting they are now calling for (as opposed to one to three inches.)

It’s really cold again (around 30) and the winds are blowing at 15-20 mph so I guess that explains why it feels like it’s in the teens. Because it is so cold, I gave the birds an extra bowlful of seed. (I usually only put this out at night so it’s there for them in the morning.) They’re all out there now, enjoying a late lunch.

Considering that snow was in the forecast, and that it’s the end of month which means payday for some of us, I was stunned by the lack of people out last night. Usually, the grocery stores are jammed. I went to two different ones and found myself second in line at each. At Hell’s answer to retail – otherwise known as Wal-Mart – I glided right into the checkout. There weren’t even 95 people in my way as I grabbed items throughout the store the way there usually is.

I can only guess it’s the economy. Oddly though, the parking lots seemed to be full at the various restaurants along the way. Luckily, those still seem to be packing ‘em in.

Combining the grocery store visits with a special trip to pick up some decorations and paper goods for a surprise shower in a few weeks, I did my part to help the economy!

I’m still tired from last week and from my late night/early morning of yesterday even though I got more than eight hours of sleep last night. So, I have no motivation to take anything on today. It was all I could do to talk myself into folding up and putting away the bedding I got out for nothing yesterday.

Everyone else seems to be crashed, so I may do the same and sneak in a nap!

No comments: