Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Monthly Fix

It’s not like I have a lot of time to sit around and read magazines, but there are two that I really enjoy: Newsweek and This Old House.

This Old House’s March issue arrived over the weekend and I took a few minutes to go through it last night. If you don’t subscribe – and you’re a houseblogger – you should. But, you can catch some of their great tips this month right here.

There were a few that reached out directly to me as they will likely come in handy on a few of my projects. Like:
  • Ladder safety
  • Installing crown molding
  • Cleaning plaster off brick

You really should check out their site. Even if you're not a regular DIYer, there's bound to be something there you'll like or can learn from.

Sadly, what’s not online is a gorgeous c. 1907 house in Alabama for just $75,000! (It’s the last page of the magazine. And I’m in love with it!) Of course, it would probably take at least $50,000 to $100,000 to fix it up, but it sounds like a worthwhile investment.

Too bad – or maybe it’s a good thing – it’s not closer!

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Where in Alabama? If we were staying here I'd encourage you to buy it and move down here!

NV said...

Vicki -- It's in Union Springs. I was going to mention that we might end up being neighbors after all, but I know you're bound for other destinations.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.