I tell the mother all the time that there’s a world of difference between should be and is. Case in point. What I should be doing:
• Sleeping. (This is questionable. Between the wind that’s tearing along the back of the house – and directly beside me – alternating with yowling courtesy of Toby the Cat from Hell, I’m not sure it would work.)
• Finishing up some things I left hanging at work yesterday.
• Tearing into the basement and doing some major organizing in the family room that would lead me to:
o Swap out the old daybed and assemble the new one.
o Swap out the old bookcase and assemble the new one.
o Mud and tape the holes in the ceiling from adventures in installing electrical outlets.
o Mud and tape the gaps at the top of the closet built more than a year ago so that the trim can be put up.
o Put up said trim.
o Taking down decorative posts and the existing mantel on the fireplace to make way for the new one once the mother stains it.
• Catching up on everyone else’s blogs and putting in the many comments that I intended to when I initially read their posts.
• Reorganizing my bedroom closet (read: cabinet) because I have so many coats and jackets jammed in it that there isn’t much space for anything else.
But the operative word is should. Because here’s what I am doing:
• Preparing to shower and dress.
• Loading up the car.
• Heading to an all-day (nine glorious hours) crop.
Sadly, our gang will be a few short as the MonkeyGirl thought that hangin’ with the hubs in the Caribbean would be more fun and Harriet forgot that she had volunteered to freeze her a** off in the Mardi Gras parade. But that’s OK. See you soon, MamaMartha and MissJ!