Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mud Slide

It’s surprisingly warm this morning. It must be in the 40s.

I know that it’s not supposed to last long. The temperature is expected to plummet this afternoon. Oh, and with winds gusting to 35 mph – my favorite combination. Cold and windy.
I’d say we should enjoy it ‘til then, but it’s rainy and gray. It’s not raining right now, but we got at least a few showers overnight.

Many of the sidewalks, still coated with the debris from the snow and ice of a few weeks ago, are now covered with a thin layer of mud. I had to dodge it as best I could getting on the bus. Even so, I managed to do a bit of a slide. A mud slide, if you will. And not the good kind, MamaMartha!

If it were going to be warmer this weekend, I might get out there and clear some of the debris so that the next time it rains, there’s no mud. Two reasons though while that won’t happen. First, it’s supposed to be cold. (We might even see snow flurries Saturday morning.) And second, I am going to an all-day crop Saturday! I can’t wait.

The last two weeks have been pretty stressful on multiple levels, so it will be a nice change of pace. Besides, I've got to get back to things around this house again soon.

3 comments:

Mama Martha said...

I could sure go for the other kind of Mudslide. Glad you made it on the bus ok. See ya Saturday!

NV said...

MM -- CANNOT WAIT! See you there!

Vicki said...

Have fun at your crop! It's cold again here so I'm counting down the days until spring...