Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Guess Who’s An Idiot?

Oh, that would be me. The one who doesn’t bother to turn an alarm on!

Nice, huh? And on a day where I’ve already got a lot going on. Why not stress myself out a little more by waking up 15 minutes after my bus has already gone by the house?!

Me, at 6:58 a.m., still in pajamas, when it’s not the weekend, a holiday, or a vacation day is never a good thing. That said, I’m slowly making my was toward the office now. Looks like I’ll be there in about 25 minutes or so.

I just need to chill out. Which, actually shouldn’t be hard since it’s FOUR degrees! I guess they’re lucky I didn’t just sleep until sometime next month.

5 comments:

MonkeyGirl said...

I'm sorry that you had to share that part of the brain with me. I am forever doing that exact thing - or just plain sleeping through the alarm, period. I will try to keep the oversleeping part of the brain to myself from now on!

Mama Martha said...

Please do that MG. The rest of us don't need to share any oversleeping tendencies. It was sooo hard to get up this morning with an alarm. I feel for you NV. Hope the rest of the day has gone better.

Anonymous said...

I hope sleeping in doesn't make one an idiot, or I'm in serious trouble! :)

Karen Anne said...

Before I retired, I used to have an electric alarm clock by my bed, and a battery operated one set ten minutes later on the other side of the room, just in case of power failures or turning the electric one off in my sleep (yes, I did that many times, I disclaim all responsibility for what I do when I'm asleep :-)

NV said...

MG -- Thanks! This is something I SO rarely do. I'll let you keep that part.

MM -- Thanks. The day DID get better ... slowly. It was painful this morning and just freaked me out BAD.

kspin -- Nope. It's not the sleepin' in part that qualifies me for idiocy. It's the not turning on the alarm thing. Besides, you have the best excuse in the world for sleepin' in. :-)

KarenAnne -- I use a battery one because I don't trust the power! I am wanting to get one that projects the time on the wall so that way when I wake up in the middle of the night, I know what time it is!