The mother and I were just talking about paint a few days ago and this came up. We've been waiting and finally, today, the email came. You get $5 off a gallon or $20 off a five-gallon container. The sale ends Monday.
It's been a busy day already, but it's not over yet. I'm still going to try to get the yard done.
So far, with Lawrence here, we:
- Put in a new bathroom fan.
- Took down the bathroom light.
- Took down the kitchen light.
- Went and purchased plywood and cut a new top for an ancient display table. (Small, but much needed. I just finished making the replacement a little while ago. )
- Discussed putting in a new tub surround.
- Measured the kitchen and the hallway (just beyond the back door) for tile.
- Determined that the ceiling medallion we bought for the bathroom light would fit.
- Likewise for the new under-the-cabinet and over-the-counter Xeon light we bought to replace an ancient fluorescent in the same spot.
- Discussed what I needed for a new sink.
- Decided that I had to take up EVERY piece of the kitchen floor (oh Lord, that's at least four layer's worth of vinyl tile). That was the discouraging part of the day. That's going to take at least a day. D*mn!
- Determined that I DON'T have to take down the kitchen trim! The new egg and dart molding will fit right over it.
So, like I said, a busy but productive day. Now it's onto the dreaded lawn.