Monday, May 18, 2009

Pimp My Bus

It looks like the Color Splash dude or the Design on a Dime team – both of whom can always be depended on to produce at least one exceptionally loud color in their redesign on their respective HGTV shows – hijacked my bus.

All I can say is that it’s a good thing I already had sunglasses on when I boarded! Our bus interior has gone from a sedate blue plastic frame with a nondescript slate upholstery (and not really enough to keep you from feeling the plastic) to Attack of the Killer M&Ms. See for yourself.

And this photo does not begin to do justice to how bright these things are either. I was the first one on today so I had the joy of watching everyone else’s expressions as they boarded.
This will definitely wake you up in the morning, no doubt about it. I will say that the seats are actually padded, something my butt appreciates beyond expression and, we actually have windows you can slide open. (Previously, it was just a single large piece of Plexiglas. The transom window across the top could be flipped open instead.)

I’m not sure if they just bought new buses (they look the same on the outside) or if they are redoing the interiors of existing ones and slowly rotating those into the mix.
It will be fun to see what tonight’s bus looks like.

3 comments:

Mama Martha said...

Maybe the brothers weird will be banned from the new bus!

NV said...

MM -- I was SO hoping you were right, and for a few days, I thought perhaps. But then, guess what's sitting across from me now? Ewwwww.

Jean Martha said...

OMG. It looks like someone barfed McDonalds. I love it in a really *bad* way.