Sunday, May 24, 2009

Tiny Bath, HUGE Mess

Since the sun didn't win yesterday, I focused on ripping the wallpaper off the bathroom ceiling. (Before you think I'm completely nuts, it was the textured wallpaper made to look like the tin type pattern.)

It's a tiny room. The wallpaper has been up around 14-15 years. It should be easy, right? Um, no. (I'm hearing Tony Soprano here: Does everything have to be hard?) I did it one half at a time. These are from the first half.




Cleanup was actually the easisest part! I'll admit that was a surprise! Just looking at it, you'd think it would be pretty bad. Luckily, the DIY miracle that is cheap drop cloths saved the day. It didn't all hit the drop cloths but the other miracle, the Shop Vac, took care of that.

Eventually, I got it down to nothing. So, take a look. This is the BEFORE shot. That means that the next picture you see will be the AFTER. Since rain is quickly moving in AGAIN, meaning the kitchen panels STILL won't get painted (cursing under my breath) looks like the Michelangelo Project has officially begun.

2 comments:

Kate R said...

Makes my muscles ache just looking at the pictures. Can you even move today?

NV said...

Kate -- Barely. Yesterday was worse, but I'm still sore today. I'm out of practice at hanging off ladders for hours on end!