Friday, December 12, 2008

Call the Red Cross

We need to declare This D*mn House a disaster. The house looks like a cyclone hit, so what should we be preoccupied with? Decorations!

Well, of course. Isn’t that the most important thing when one’s abode is jam-packed with crap and in need of a seasonal cleaning?

Chalk it up to that old somewhat altered analogy: When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping.

That’s right, The clock is ticking and the mother wants to … go shopping. It’s a vacation day for me (thanks to our recently added day after Christmas holiday) so why not?

I’ve always had a hard time getting her priorities and God help me, I’ll never understand the way she works at things. She picks the oddest things to obsess about when faced with an overwhelming task. Stuff I would no more give a second thought to, until maybe, and that’s a big maybe, everything else was already in place.

Me? I’d be ready to dive in and start the pitching, organizing, and cleaning. Granted, this weekend is supposed to be unseasonably warm, so we DO need to hit the outside while we can, but …

It’s not that she’s a procrastinator – that’s my department. She and I just work completely different. Where I like to work on one, maybe two things, get those done and then move onto the next, the mother wants to tear the whole thing apart all at once and work on EVERYTHING! Complete and utter chaos. She always gets it done, mind you. It’s just a matter of approaches, I guess. I prefer the less chaotic route.

For now, I’m just shaking my head and playing along. I know it will all get done. I don’t know how. I’m pretty sure about when – about 5 minutes before the guests hit the front door if history is any indication.

But today, I’m not going to worry about it. So, let the fun begin.

5 comments:

Jayne said...

Ha ha. I do the same thing as the mother--I tear everything apart all at once too. My house is an indication of that, inside and out!

Vicki said...

You are a patient woman and I applaud you!

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

whew! Just reading about all the action at your house wipes me out. I can imagine the two of you passing out with shopping bags and tinsel all around you!
Have a blast.
Katie

The Idiot Speaketh said...

I am the King of Procratination. I feel your pain.

fyi Lord of the Idiots is my old blog...wordpress will still not let me log in to leave comments...

NV said...

Jayne -- Ok. Then maybe that means my patience, as pointed out by Vicki, is warranted! :-)

V -- Thanks for the support. I can really use it about now.

Katie -- Thanks! It was awesome.

Mark -- Never do today what you can possibly put off until tomorrow ...