Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Down to the Wire

If you’re still looking for Christmas gifts, I’ve got a couple of last-minute suggestions.

Since you’re running out of time, you might take Todd’s advice over at Helpful Advice for Home Construction Improvement and consider an Amazon.com gift certificate. You can even send one of these electronically. No gift wrap or post office line! And you’re giving a really versatile gift that any DIYer, or anyone for that matter, is sure to love.

Here’s another idea. Our friends over at One Project closer are giving away TWO $100 Home Depot cards – but you have to hurry. The contest ends TOMORROW, so if you win you have an instant gift – or plenty of time to shop for one before the big day. And with that kind of cold cash, you might even have enough to buy something for yourself, too. Here’s the rules. Blog about it and get 75 chances! (That’s what I’m doing.)

As for me, I’m still holding out for some beadboard. That’s where at least a good chunk of my gift card would go, if I were to win one. I’ve got it already for the mother’s bedroom but not for mine and redoing those two rooms are at the top of the list for next year.

So give it a try. What have you got to lose?!

No comments: