Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tuesday ToolTalk: Cool Tools

I don’t get to watch TV very often. It’s always on, mind you, I’m just usually doing five other things at the time, so occasionally, I listen.

But that wasn’t the case over the holiday weekend. DIY was having a Cool Tools marathon. I love that show, but I try not to tune in too very often because, well, tools being an addiction of mine, it’s not always financially healthy if you know what I mean.

But I watched a few back-to-back episodes and then caught a few more periodically before the weekend passed. During that time, I came up with what I think are some fantastic gift ideas. So, for the next few weeks, I’ll share some Cool Tools that made me stop what I was doing and take notice. The best part about this batch: they’re under $100! And, other than bargains, what do we love at This D*mn House? Multi-functional! Check these out.

Knee blades. ($89.99) All I want to know is “Where were these things when I was putting in the laminate floor last year?!” Oh. My. God. And who says you can’t have fun while you work? They are literally knee pads on wheels! I spent more than a week scooting across the floor between tearing up the carpet, removing all the associated nails and staples, and then putting in the new floor. Tell me these couldn’t have made that job easier. You can even use these to scrub and wax the floor or wash your car.

Knee Blades can be used in many professions such as painting, plumbing, mechanics, construction, electrical, maintenance … so it’s a gift that could make someone’s day job roll along a lot more smoothly!

Fast Cap 3rd Hand. ($35-$40/each) – I’ve always thought that having just two hands was a serious design flaw. This product helps take care of that. It’s a handy dandy pole that telescopes from 5 to 12 feet. It can be used to hold molding, ceiling tiles, or cabinets in place, apply pressure to glued down flooring, secure drywall, or hold up backdrops for photos. Very versatile and compact. I think they’re something that should be bought in pairs, too. Make sure you check out Amazon as they had a good price on them.

5 comments:

Ann said...

Here is that other language again. :)

Unknown said...

The 3rd hand looks cool, but the knee blades strike me as one of those "cool in the video but not so useful in practice" things.

MonkeyGirl said...

Where were these on thanksgiving when I was playing "follow the leader/hide-n-seek" with the M&M's. They thought crawling under the dining room table was fun - me - not so much!

Why S? said...

I want to see Knee Blade racing.

NV said...

Ann -- Sorry, Ann!

Gene -- Probably. I'd have still loved to give them a try back when I could've used 'em.

MG -- Now THERE'S an untapped market for them ...

Why -- Yeah. A whole new sport. :-)