Saturday, January 10, 2009

Bloggin’ by the Bathroom Light

Yes, that’s right – comin’ to you live from Scrapbook Escape 2009 at a location about 25 miles from home base. It’s quite early, especially for a Saturday, but hey, I got things to do, right? And, as a general rule, I am historically a horrible sleeper in hotels.

The MonkeyGirl and I are bunkmates. She is still trying to sleep (emphasis on trying.) Poor thing. She is currently being disturbed by my erratic sleep patterns. Luckily, we are night people so she and I were the last dogs last night, locking up the room downstairs where about 15 of us are spending the weekend amongst our photos and all things scrapbooking. I say “last night,” but in reality, it was but a few short hours ago.

This is not a bad hotel. I remember very distinctly how much I liked it last year. Somehow, this year I think we’ve gotten a room that could use some help – in a big way. Not only are the beds, well, hard (read: mortuary slab), the sink in the bathroom is a homeowner’s worst nightmare. The caulk below where counter and basin meet is in desperate need of replacement.

Jeez. You can take the girl out of This D*mn House, but I guess you can’t take This D*mn House out of the girl!

Let that be the last word for now. I need to get showered and dressed and EAT (one of the other inherent beauties of this weekend event). And then, it's bag to 2006 ...

2 comments:

MonkeyGirl said...

I want to note for the record that I thought MEF had taken up mouse like qualities and was nibbling on nuts this morning...nope, just blogging!

sewwhat? said...

I'm with you in spirit, thinking of how much fun you "girls" must be having to have looked forward to it so much and for such a long time! Happy Scrapping and whatever else!