Sunday, January 25, 2009

S-N-O-W

It occurs to me that snow is a four-letter word with good reasonCheck Spelling. I hate the crap. And it's been flurrying all day. Enough that the ground is covered. More is coming. Tomorrow.

Sounds like 3-5 inches between tomorrow night and Tuesday. Did I mention that I HATE the crap?

For now though, the house is quiet. As I am many times, I'm the only one awake, watching but not quite engrossed in Charlie Wilson's War. The mother is asleep on the couch, no doubt dreaming about her refrigerator. Screaming Cat from Hell (otherwise known as Toby) is asleep on one side of me. Ozzie is asleep on the other, occasionally thrusting a leg forward as he chases something in his subconscious.

And my nasal passages are in a revolt that can only be described as agony. I guess while I'm in the shower, I'll attempt to use my neti pot. I've tried just about everything else. Nothing else has worked, or at least not for very long.

When I dubbed this stuff The Plague, I was only half-kidding. The mother doesn't appear to have it ... yet. I hope it stays that way.

3 comments:

Jayne said...

Poor you! I was so hoping you were feeling better. Did I mention that I hate winter? Hate it. It's spitting snow here now, with more on the way. Ugh.

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

haha. I wake up every morning of winter dreaming that I might be snowed in. Hasn't happened. Guess you and I cancel each other out... maybe that's why I don't get my wish. :)
Katie

NV said...

Jayne -- Definitely birds of a feather! ;-)

Katie -- If I could box it and send it to you ... it would be YOURS!