Saturday, January 31, 2009

Bright, Sunshiny Day

The mother took one look at me last night when I walked in and almost immediately called her friend. She postponed their get-together yet again.

The last three nights haven’t been good ones. Two nights ago, it was largely Toby’s fault. My sinuses were an underlying cause – of course. Night before last, it was all sinuses. Last night, since it was Friday, I took a Benadryl so I actually got some sleep. I'm still tired though. And congested. (Like this is new.)

Now I have to go and get stuff. That includes drugs to dry and deal a lethal blow to this crap. And you know what? Even though I could probably go back to bed as I type this, getting out is going to be a joy.

THE SUN IS OUT AND IT’S 41 DEGREES!!!!! They’re forecasting 50 for a high! That’s right. 5-0, baby!

I am ecstatic. SO very sick of winter. I need a beach. And a Margarita. Or three. Seriously.

Well, I guess I’d better get dressed so I can soak up some sunshine. YEAH!

7 comments:

Why S? said...

Congratulations. I haven't commented on your winter related posts because I just don't know what to say or how you bear it. It is so far beyond anything in my experience. But if you want to take a break and visit me in California you are welcome. Seriously. You are. Just let me know. We can hang out with 1911 Craftsman Bungalow Girl.

MonkeyGirl said...

The sun was awesome wasn't it!!! I got some extra UVA rays today and feel like a completely new woman!

NV said...

Why -- I may shock you one of these days and take you up on it! Today was indeed a breath of fresh air. There are other places where it's a whole lot worse. And I really have no right to complain. We had like a decade or more where we had little or no winter. Then, the last three or four years, it has made up for it!

MG -- Yep. Sun and drugs -- true Godsends! And tomorrow is supposed to be almost as warm. Pinch me!

sewwhat? said...

And all I did outside was clean the garage! What a waste of a beautiful day, but somehow the sunshine gave me energy to complete what I wanted to do!

sewwhat? said...

Is there a song going through your head as you read that title? I may be old, but I think I'm singing the same one as you guys.

NV said...

Sewwhat -- Yes, I was hearing the song when I typed this title! And at least you had a nice warm day to work in the garage.

Vicki said...

Pensacola is 2.5 hours away. Southern Florida only a couple hours more. Need a tour guide?