Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sniffle, sniffle

My nasal passages are as raw as roadkill and I probably don’t feel too much better than a roadkill victim, but I’m up and at ‘em. (Or as one of my colleagues likes to say, “You’re vertical.”)

The cold hitting those nasal passages has been about the worst of it so far. Well, other than being worn out by just getting dressed and across the street. I even got to bed early, but I wasn’t able to stay asleep all night. Ozzie was alternately biting and then gag/coughing which woke me up about 3 a.m. Then he kept throwing himself down in various spots of the room, all with a loud unceremonious thud.

I’d adjusted to all that noise when the mother decided it was a good time to take a shower. That wouldn’t be bad except the bathroom is only about 10 feet from where I sleep. So I got up and both Ozzie and I took quick bio breaks before slipping back into bed. That seemed to quiet him but I couldn’t get comfortable again. The last time I saw the clock it was 4:30. The alarm followed less than an hour later.

So, I’m slow and tired and a little wobbly, not to mention still very snuffly, but staying home for a third day just isn’t an option. So, in I go.

On a side note, Jayne’s remedy from over at The Kelly House (the one where you put Vick’s Vap-o-rub on your feet and then put on thick socks) seems to keep the cough away. I used it yesterday morning and I didn’t cough all morning. In fact, when I got up at 2:15 p.m., I still hadn’t coughed! Yes, I’ve been very good about taking Benadryl and staying in bed. I didn’t even log on a second time at all yesterday except to do a few things for work. Then, right back to bed.

Here’s hoping this stuff lets up soon.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I tried the Vick's remedy on Ashlyn, but was afraid to put too much. Her cough didn't bother her in the night though.